Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cheese Please!

Lovely cheese platter? Nope, it's Cake!

Everything you see is entirely edible, even the marble is marzipan. The blue cheese wheel and pistachio crusted cheese ball are both yellow cake soaked with Earl Grey syrup and filled & iced with green tea Swiss buttercream.
This was my final project for Advanced Cakes. I LOVE how it turned out!
(Yes, I got 100%. WooHoo!)


I really like the "moldy" sides of the blue cheese. It's really just royal icing tinted with edible food color.


I spent a long time on the blue cheese wheel, but in the end I liked the cheese ball more. I was just so tickled that it really looked like a cheese ball you could scoop into.



Even the crackers and the cheese knife are edible gum paste. This is absolutely my favorite piece to date. I can't wait to make more sculpted cakes!

3 comments:

Ann said...

That is amazing. Congrats on your will deserved 100%

Unknown said...

OMG Heather!! That's awesome!!

Celeste said...

Heather, you are ten kinds of wonderful!! Your blog is making me hungry... LOL.